National Electrification Scheme (NES) Review And Preparation Of Master Plan 2011-2020 For Ghana
A comprehensive review of the 30-year National Electrification Scheme (NES) and the preparation of a plan for 2011-2020. At the time of review, the NES had been implemented for 20 years.
AEA’s experts in executing the assignment, undertook the following:
- an evaluation of strategies and methodologies used under NES over the years,
- a nationwide survey to collect both technical and socio-economic data for un-electrified communities,
- design of modules including quantities and cost for each un-electrified community, for use by power unit of Ministry of Energy and procuring and engaging project,
- design of database software for managing outstanding electrification work,
- creation of electrification maps covering the whole Ghana/ 170 district maps in all.