Market Entry Study For T3 Expansion Project: 132 MW Plant Addition
Determined the competitiveness and long-term economic viability or otherwise of the project. The assignment comprised the following:
- an analysis of the power market - demand forecasts for domestic and regional markets, energy balance and forecast, both domestic and regional, contingencies for energy shortfalls, effect of the Wholesale Electricity Market (WEM) on VRA and the project as well as commercial issues for investors,
- power sector economics and financial analysis which covered production costs as well as prevailing and projected tariff levels,
- comparative attractiveness of conversion into combined cycle
- VRA’s/Government of Ghana’s subsidy or support regime.
- Advice on investment, whether go or no go.